I would like you to set up a trial WooCommerce site with some very basic customisation (no design work).
This site will only be used for testing data flows and so it does not have to look good.
The purpose of this project is NOT to create a live site but to set up a testing environment.
WordPress 3.8.x is already installed on the host but no other set up work has been done.
The tasks for this Codeable are
Basic Set Up
1. Download and install latest WooCommerce
2. Download and install latest version of WooThemes Canvas
3. Delete WP Hello World post & comment
4. Add Logo (supplied – you will need to resize a little smaller)
5. Convert logo to .ico and upload
Woo Commerce elements
6. Create 9 product categories with 4-8 sub categories for each (total 50 sub categories)
7. Create Main menu listing 9 categories linking to 9 [blank] category pages
8. Add second level menu items for the “Electronics” Main Menu item – ie one of the Main menu items will be “electronics”.
8.1 Add 6 sub-categories to that menu.
9. Create Top Menu with 4 items linking to 4 corresponding [blank] pages which you also need to create
10. Create Footer menu with 4 items linking to 4 corresponding [blank] pages - also create the pages
11. Create an attribute ["GY Rating"] that applies to all categories and sub categories
12. Create the following attributes that apply only to the electronics sub –categories only : size, style, brand
13. Create the sub category pages for TV & Video, Phones and Cameras including adding Woo Commerce Layered Nav widgets to enable the user to filter by the 4 attributes as follows ie
- GY Rating
- Size [TV/Video page only ]
- Style [TV/Video page only]
14. Import small XML file to be supplied.
15. Create product display for products in one category or electronics including display of each attribute.
Note: On this site all products are of product type ‘affiliate product’.