This is an hourly position for an experienced developer to to create a fairly large firmware base for a new IoT device, and then ideally stay available for maintenance and feature enhancement tasks. There will be some preliminary design work, starting immediately as you have time available, but the bulk of the project will be done in Q1 2022, followed by maintenance and feature updates as needed.
You will be working for and with very experienced, senior embedded architects and developers. You will not have to interface with project managers, product owners, or other non-technical management.
The project is NDA, but the following skill-sets will be priorities when reviewing candidates:
- Usual embedded development skills. C/++, RTOS, JTAG. I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO, etc.
- Nordic nRF53 series and development tools.
- Working with uBlox or similar development boards.
- The Zephyr RTOS, specifically as used by the newer Nordic toolchains.
- Configuration and splitting of interrupts using the basic semaphore, handler thread pattern.
- Battery and power management. Configuring very-low-power system wakeup inputs.
- BLE: creation of a BLE advertiser and endpoint service/characteristics.
- WiFi: interfacing with external WiFi modules.
- LTE: Interfacing with external modules (AT command sets).
- Embedded TCP/IP stacks, like WolfSSL.
- HTTP(s), cert management. Possibly MQTT interfacing.
- Interfacing with secure elements for accelerating TLS connections, and doing basic crypto functions like authentication and digital signature verification.
Optional Experience, but helpful:
- Occupancy sensing. Acoustic, and/or PIR.
- Keypads and key scanning.
- LTE module eDRX modes.
What we need from you is an hourly rate and your availability starting immediately, and then in the Q1 time-frame.
Thanks for checking out our project!